||[Feb. 11th, 2014|04:09 am]
McDonald's Talk of LJ
Since I cannot get any answers on the internet, I found this little site and hope to get some answers/suggestions. |
I worked for Mcdonalds for almost 4 years. Was an above average employee, liked by jut about everyone.
I am going to make a list of things that go on in the store I worked in and then I will let you know why I got fired at the end.
1. People taking 4-5 20 minute shits a day while on their phones.
2. People not doing dishes, watching tv in the break room.
3. Store manager who yells and screams at workers in front of customers.
4. Store manager who will give you ZERO raise when EVERY manager you work with says you are a good worker and deserve a raise.
5. Store manager who destroys employee surveys that are handed to the managers who oversee your work the most. i.e. Bob the manager is given a sheet to fill out for my performance. Bob gives me a glowing review. Store manager sees the good comments, destroys the paper so she can give me zero raise.
6. Workers showing up, doing hardly anything, we are made to do their work, nothing is said, we are not compensated.
7. Being told by the owner that if we have problems to bring them to the store manager. We bring the problems to her and she turns them around on us and says we are the problem.
8. Racial issues. We live in a basically 99% white area. There was a black fellow who was hired and was treated differently than the rest of us. He was allowed at least 3 no call no shows. Each time he was in jail. He was welcomed back with open arms EVERYTIME. For the rest of the crew 1 no call/no show and you are terminated on the spot. Add to his no call/no shows several tardies, several callins. Nothing was done until it got really bad.
9. Going to the store manager with issues. If she doesnt turn them around on you, she will stop you before you can even start and tell you that she doesnt have time to listen.
So there is a TINY list of some of the things that happen.
Onto why I got fired. I had a bad flu/kidney infection. I called in 2 days. On the evening of the second day I realized I could not find my paper with my schedule on it. I was due back at work the next day. I called the store 2 times to try to get someone to check my schedule real fast. It is normally very slow at night at this store so I called about 8pm. I got no answer either time I called.
So not wanting to be late for my shift the next day, I took a cab up to the store, let the manager on duty know that I wouldnt be there except I needed to check my schedule. He says ok, check my schedule, grab a chicken wrap on the way out since I was really sick for 2 days and hadnt eaten.
Walk to work in -15 degree weather the next day. Get fired. Now I understand that showing up to work on a day you call in on is a bad thing. I get it. I explained that I only showed up to work at all that night because I needed my schedule and didnt want to be late for my next shift.
Fast forward to payday. I go in, pick up my check and they try to tell me I cannot have it until I turn in my uniforms. I told them very politely and calmly that it is against the law to hold my check and I would like to get mine. I told them my uniforms would be dropped off as soon as I had a chance to wash them. I get my check and leave. No yelling, no screaming, no bickering.
Next day. I get a call from the police telling me I am trespassed from the property. They got a report from the store owner that I was in there screaming, yelling, carrying on. I have witnesses to the interaction I had when I was there. I was calm, friendly and polite. I know they were pissed that I picked up my check. They like to do the power play when people quit/get fired. Well in my state it is illegal to try to keep someones check. I know that is why they were mad.
What I need is a way to contact the district/regional manager to let them know what is going on with this store. The lying to police, the racial discrimination, and all the rest.
Does anyone know how I can find the information I need?